Dual Enrollment/ Placement testing Information
All courses at the STEM Academy are dual enrolled courses with CVCC (Central Virginia Community College), and students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online CVCC application. Click HERE to begin your application to CVCC
2. Write down or print the SIS ID number that is automatically generated after you complete your application
3. Bring your SIS ID number and photo ID to your designated testing site.
4. Your results will be given to you when you complete your test
5. Attach a copy of these results to your XLR8 application.
Where to take the test?
Students may take the CVCC Placement test at CVCC or any of the CVCC satellite centers in the Region 2000 area. More information about placement testing at CVCC can be found HERE.
In addition, many high schools offer on site CVCC placement testing. Please contact your school counselor or CVCC career coach to see if the test will be offered in your high school.
What test to take?
Virginia Placement Test for MATH and ENGLISH