Dr. Carl Pettiford received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Hawaii, M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Dayton, and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Northeastern University.
- Senior Member Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Member AFCEA (Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association)
- Member ECEDHA (Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Heads Association)
Publications and Presentations
- Chapter: Strong Electric Field Tuning of Magnetism in Multiferroic Heterostructures, Ming Liu, Jing Lou, Ogheneyunume Obi, David Reed, Carl Pettiford, Stephen Stoute, Nian X. Sun, 01/2010: pages 53 – 66; ISBN: 9780470584422
- Article: Strong magnetoelectric coupling at microwave frequencies in metallic magnetic film/lead zirconate titanate multiferroic composites, C. Pettiford, J. Lou, L. Russell, N. X. Sun, Applied Physics Letters 04/2008;
- Article: Bias Field Effects on Microwave Frequency Behavior of PZT/YIG Magnetoelectric Bilayer, C. Pettiford, S. Dasgupta, Jin Lou, S.D. Yoon, N.X. Sun, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 08/2007;
- Article: Self-assembled magnetic nanowire arrays, Ming Liu, Jalal Lagdani, Hassan Imrane, Carl Pettiford, Jing Lou, Soak Yoon, Vincent G. Harris, Carmine Vittoria, Nian. X. Sun, Applied Physics Letters 01/2007; 90.
- Article: Effective Anisotropy Fields and Ferromagnetic Resonance Behaviors of CoFe/PtMn/CoFe Trilayers, C. Pettiford, A. Zeltser, S.D. Yoon, V.G. Harris, C. Vittoria, N.X. Sun, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 11/2006;
Honors and Awards
- ASEE Fellow, Summer Faculty Research Program, Navy, 2010.
Professional development activities
- CAER Smartlights Lighting Project, Lynchburg, VA 2011
- CAER Cellphone Project, Lynchburg, VA 2011
- IEEE, CEU Course on Wireless Communications Engineering, 2011
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, 2007