What is Mechatronics?
Mechatronics is a combination of precision engineering, electronic control and mechanic systems. It is the science that exists at the interface among the other five disciplines:
What is an Engineer?
Engineers are problem solvers who use every resource possible to bring into existence things and ideas that they imagine. Engineers turn imagination into reality; shape the future; and make a difference!
Engineers work to solve global problems such as world hunger, clean water, protecting the environment and improving the quality of everyday life.
Reasons WHY you should study Engineering
- There is a growing need for employees with 21st century technical skills that include a mix of electrical, mechanical and computer based engineering or mechatronics
- You can learn skills which are in high demand such as: AC/DC electronic fundamentals, engineering graphics, PLC control and troubleshooting and analytical and mathematical reasoning
- You can use your creativity every day
- You have the chance to collaborate with other professionals such as lawyers, doctors, health professionals, government officials, scientists, statisticians and more.
- Mechatronics/Engineering is a global endeavor, frequently affording the opportunity for travel.
- Mechatronic Technicians/Engineers have the opportunity for rapid advancement in their companies.
- Mechatronic/Engineering degrees provide excellent preparation for other professional degrees such as medicine, law or business.